This post outlines Steps necessary to show a common component that is not included in the BOM. In other words the component is only meant to serve as a reference to a main assembly. You will be able to see the component in the assembly as a phantom component and see that it fits. It will not show up in the BOM.
- Make your common assembly (1H x 1 x 3)
- Build as many assemblies as you want, containing the common assembly. (1 Stack) (2 Stack)
- Make Drawings of assemblies. (Spacer Stacks)
- Create Views
- Open main drawing view (Drawing View 1) in feature manager.
- Right click top level assembly (1 stack) and select Open assembly.
- Right click Common assembly (1H x 1 x 3) that needs to be excluded from BOM.
- Select Component Properties Icon at the top of the right click menu
- Check box in lower right corner to “Exclude from BOM”
- Select OK
- Close assembly
- From the feature manager of the drawing in the main view (Drawing view 1) right click the common component (1H x 1 x 3) and select Component line font
Uncheck the box for “Use Document Defaults
With Visible edges selected Select Phantom from the pull down.
- Select OK and add BOM to the same view.
Repeat for Additional drawings that will show Common component