Cad Specialist – Detailer for Laser Beam Delivery Systems and related industry products
Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; Monday – Friday; Limited/Occassional Travel
Salary range: $12 – $18 per hour based on experience
Benefits: Holidays and vacation paid; Medical Insurance – Shared Expense
Start Date: Immediate
The qualified candidate will be responsible for all engineering drawings and bill of material parts lists. He/She will be responsible for supporting sales engineering with detailed dimensioned drawings, assigning part numbers, communicating with machinist and suppliers, and aiding with quality control of all machined parts. Interaction with current customer accounts and assisting with development of new products as instructed. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining important relationships with channel partners and customers, and providing critical feedback to inside sales and management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create detailed dimensioned drawings of component parts and assemblies.
- Assign Part Numbers and link cad drawings to ERP Software.
- Generate, maintain Bill of Materials and Sub Assembly List for all systems and assemblies.
- Research suppliers and be able to clearly state product requirements.
- Interact with Machinist for accurate part machining.
- Assist in the writing of product manuals and provide drawings.
- Assist in providing cad animations for Power Point presentations and web marketing.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to meet project timelines.
- Limited Travel
- Lift 30+ pounds
- Be flexible in work environment and assist with customer service and/or order expediting.
- Desire to grow in a small family business
- Self-Starter, Self-Motivated Individual with Mechanical Aptitude
- Experience in and proficient with SolidWorks CAD Software
- Able to function as a team member.
- Able communicate details with machinist and convey technical knowledge in user friendly content to end users.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management or other 2-year degree with technical emphasis or related industry required.
- Knowledge of the industrial laser process and applications required.
- Proficient with windows based applications (word, excel and power point)
- Strong communication skills
An engineering organization with 30+ years of industry experience and knowledge providing technical design and manufacturing services to laser equipment OEM’s, system integrators, industrial supply distributors, welding supply distributors, and end users. Revolutionary, resourceful, and original design services for automated laser systems. Organization also provides turnkey retrofit and rebuild of existing laser systems. Leading supplier of OEM and OEM-quality beam delivery components for the laser cutting and laser welding industry.
Company: American Laser Enterprises, LLC
Location: 28265 Beck Road, Unit C-20, Wixom, MI 48393
Contact: Susan Sprental, firstname.lastname@example.org