There is a current job opening for a VDC Modeler at Walbridge Technologies. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Virtual Design and Construction modeler will provide modeling support for pre-construction and construction on Walbridge projects. This role is an integral member of the project team assisting team members through the use of 3D software such as Autodesk Revit MEP, Dassault SolidWorks, Bentley and Trimble. The VDC modeler will work with project teams both on site at the project and in an office environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Generate models for infrastructure, pre-construction, construction and campus and plant operations.
• Incorporate construction content into existing plant models.
• Utilize point cloud data and photogrammetry to model existing shapes of systems and structure.
• Manage model data to coordinate multiple disciplines on projects.
• Participate in coordination meetings and supply missing information through modeling and/or models from other parties.
• Communicate with other Walbridge departments to obtain data necessary to produce models.
• Pursue innovation, improving methodology and efficiencies.
• To be trained on newer technologies and recent software updates.
• Research and learn new add-in systems that improve software functionalities as they may integrate with data.
• Assist with presentation material to demonstrate Walbridge’s abilities when requested.
• Assist VDC Integration Managers, Project managers and schedulers in a support role representing Walbridge technologies
• Provide and follow safety procedures and requirements and participate in making safety simulations.
• Follow company standards on projects. Follow security protocols for sensitive information, and confidential data.
GENERAL BACKGROUND AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 2-year Trade school, engineering, Architecture or Construction Management degree.
• Minimum of 3 years of model related Design and/or Construction experience with demonstrated proficiency in software.
• Proficient in Dassault Solidworks Premium pipe efficiency tools and/or Autocad MEP/Fabrication/MAP/ Aveva PDMS software
• Experience with piping assemblies, valves and processing systems. Anility to understand Isometric system drawings.
• Proven ability to efficiently model objects such as structural components, piping, equipment, foundation systems, and safety systems.
• Must have an understanding of quality graphic requirements for presentations.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills -verbal, written and graphic.
• Ability to manage tasks for multiple projects.
EEO/AA Employer / Veterans/ Disabled
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.