DASI customer Tectonics has a job opening for a Project Engineer with SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD experience.
CAD Detailing, SOLIDWORKS / AutoCAD
Job Type: Full-time
The role of the Project Engineer is to develop and produce highly detailed fabrication and assembly drawings for shop construction of Aluminum Extrusions, Round Tubing, 2D CNC, Millwork, and Steel. This person will collaborate with estimating, project management team and manufacturing to bring conceptual ideas into detailed and accurate production plans.
Essential Job Functions:
- Gather design information in order to meet design objectives.
- Assist project team interpreting drawings throughout project life cycle.
- Work with project team to determine and incorporate “Value Engineering” ideas.
- Perform necessary site evaluation, measurements, and documentation required for drawing development.
- Create production ready fabrication drawings and assembly instructions.
- Generate space plans and custom fabrication details for trade show exhibits.
- Manipulating existing drawings and properties.
- Amending layouts including electrical and other service requirements.
- Engineer displays using aluminum extrusion systems.
- Develop crating and trailer load studies, Develop weight studies.
- Check drawings to make sure they meet facility rules and restrictions.
- Organize electronic files to ensure the current versions are in use.
- Prepare various prints or files for a variety of needs, such as plans for Fire Marshall or Structural Engineer review and approval
- Collaborate with contracted engineering firms for exhibit structural analysis and safety issues.
- Generate 3-dimensional computer models from design intent documents.
- CNC part extraction, layout, and programming.
- Perform drawing maintenance, including updates, revisions, and development of as-built record documents when required.
- Meet with production team for hand-off meetings.
- Meet with setup personnel to verify setup procedures.
- Research new materials and fabrication methods.
- Maintain engineering project database.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred Education: Minimum of an Associate Degree or training in an Architectural, Mechanical drafting or Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) field of study from a college or trade school.
- Minimum 2-years of direct work experience in an Architectural or Mechanical drafting capacity as it relates to the event and tradeshow industry. Must demonstrate proficiency using AutoCAD 2014 or greater. SolidWorks proficiency is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibit, Display and Event Industry related experience a plus.
- Knowledge of basic production techniques, how parts are designed and engineered so the final assembly is accurate and easily constructed.
- Understanding of architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical disciplines and capability of coordinating with these disciplines.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong mathematical skills. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience at working both independently and in team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Able to effectively adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Interpret written information in a variety of formats, including such documents as manuals, graphs, reports and schedules.
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a benefit.
- Up to date software and computer systems.
- High pace environment with variety in projects.
- Overtime (or ability to work irregular hours) may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Some travel may be required.