DASI customer Dimplex Thermal Solutions has a job opening for an Electrical Engineer with SOLIDWORKS experience, based in Kalamazoo, MI.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Electrical Engineering Manager
Primary responsibilities will be for electrical project specific design work (hands-on) as well as provide technical support and specifications within the production environment. This role will entail design and development of electrical engineering solutions and extensive coordination efforts with other disciplines.
This individual will need to quickly access his/her talents and drive for higher capacity and efficiency.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop or source all electrical components for chiller system and sub-systems
- Create and maintain all wiring diagrams
- Perform module and system level programming to ensure the overall design meets requirements
- Comply with established key performance indicators
- Combine technical expertise, project management skills and the ability to facilitate or lead cross-functional teams
- Work closely with operations, engineering, sales and quality groups to provide technical support
- Recommend, develop, coordinate, and implement process changes, modifications, or developments for productivity improvements, quality improvements, cost savings, and new product development.
- Positively contribute to the engineering process and develop alternatives that allow the company to deliver consistently high quality products and solutions to our customers
- Implement process improvements and standardization around product designs and platforms.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering BSEE
- 3-7 years of engineering experience in design and or development.
- Electrical and PLC ladder logic experience
- Industrial Controls experience
- Knowledge of UL, CE, CSA, NEC and NFPA codes
- Specific experience in new product development.
- HVAC/Refrigeration systems, or experience in fluid controls is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of SOLIDWORKS Electrical a plus
- Knowledge of PLC Programming a plus.