DASI customer Thierica Equipment Corporation has a job opening for a CAD Detailer with SOLIDWORKS experience, based in Grand Rapids, MI.
Thierica Equipment Corporation has an opening for an entry level CAD Detailer position. Located in Grand Rapids Michigan, Thierica Equipment is a long standing leader in the design and fabrication of automated spray coatings equipment for tier automotive suppliers as well as a diverse field of other industries. This position requires a motivated self-starter able to work independently after an initial mentoring phase under one of our mechanical engineers. This is a long term position with growth opportunity into design with the right candidate.
- Working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS and general modeling theory
- Knowledge of general detailing industry practices
- General understanding of mechanical systems and machiner
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to detail mechanical drawings for manufacturability tailored to particular manufacturing processes, i.e. conventional machining or laser cutting
- Working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS weldments and sheet metal packages
- Ability to create and navigate large mechanical assemblies in SOLIDWORKS
Education & Experience Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- 1 year modeling in 3D CAD packages
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 2 year Associate’s Degree in an industrial discipline, or completion within the next 6 months
- 1 – 2 years experience in 3D CAD packages pertaining to creating and detailing large assemblies
To apply, please forward resume to Lou McGough via email at firstname.lastname@example.org