DASI customer, Shure Star, based in Metro Detroit, is seeking a mechanical engineer with a strong background in SOLIDWORKS.
Specialty door manufacturer in metro-Detroit area has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Designer with a strong SOLIDWORKS design background and an understanding of metal fabrication, weldments, BOMs, 3D modeling and generation of fabrication prints.
The Mechanical Designer develops and maintains 3D CAD Models and detailed 2D Drawings of Industrial door systems and components. The Designer will create 3D models, layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches, and diagrams. Detail drawings will include all views, dimensions, symbols and notations necessary for manufacturing. This position requires a solid understanding of drafting techniques, familiarity with engineering terminology, and mechanical aptitude with the ability to complete basic mathematical calculations. The Designer is expected to be fluent in the use of SOLIDWORKS.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Design basic mechanical systems and components.
- Develop detailed models, fabrication drawings, and specifications for mechanical equipment, piece parts and assemblies using SOLIDWORKS.
- Modify and revise existing designs.
Additional Support Responsibilities:
- Assist with material selection.
- Perform or address GD&T analyses.
- Motion Study analysis using SOLIDWORKS.
- Develop and/or manipulate equation based design models.
- Proficiency in SOLIDWORKS via minimum 2 years of SOLIDWORKS experience, formal education and/or technical training and certification.
- Experience with mechanical system design, highly desired.
- Experience managing product design from concept through launch. This includes piece parts, assemblies and systems.
- Knowledge of Steel Fabrication Processes and Capabilities
- Basic knowledge of welding symbols and processes for incorporation in design
- GD&T experience
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong English skills, both spoken and written
- Strong analytical and critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify, prioritize and accomplish tasks
- Ability to work independently and with a team to overcomes obstacles to achieve results
- Commitment to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Must be a self-starter who takes the initiative to find solutions to technical challenges
Education: Minimum of an Associate’s degree from an accredited school in related field, vocational training or the equivalent experience is required.
Citizenship: US Citizen, with a valid US driver’s license. No sponsorship Visa (H1-B, etc.) candidates at this time.
Security Clearance: None
Department: Door Engineering
Job Location: Auburn Hills, MI
% Travel Required: < 5%
Relocation Available: None at this time
Employment Type: Full time
Work Schedule: M-F 8 hrs. /day – Overtime as job requires
Base Compensation: Based On Experience (BOE), Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package including Paid Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
Shure Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Qualified candidates must submit their resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format along with at least three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls permitted.