DASI customer, ROC Industries, in southern California, is seeking a Designer with a strong background in SOLIDWORKS.
This is a temp to hire position.
- Completion of Associates Degree in drafting/design or mechanical technology.
- Minimum 2 years drafting experience in engineering production environment or related.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency designing mechanical parts, assemblies, and drawings using SOLIDWORKS 2017.
- Have the desire to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn the applications and work flows within the organization quickly.
- Proficiency with general computer functions/applications (Windows Explorer, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to work as a team player and interact well within the organization.
- Knowledge of ASME Engineering Drawing Practices (Y14.1) and Dimensioning and tolerancing (Y14.5) is a plus.
- AutoCad experience is plus.
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS PDM system is a plus.
- Experience with ERP system is a plus.
- Assists project engineers in the development of complex components and assemblies by creating 3D models and drawings in SOLIDWORKS.
- Creates manufacturing drawings by SOLIDWORKS and follow up with review and approval process using SOLIDWORKS PDM system.
- Verifies completed work for proper drawing interface, correct dimensions and quantities, and to ensure all engineering reviews are incorporated.
- Part creation and BOM uploads using ERP system following the standard.
- Selects material from existing part library or to source new parts and materials as required for new designs or change orders.
- Works with manufacturing, QC and supply chain departments regarding the design or BOM issues
- Creates new or modified designs and cost saving features for new or existing products
- Performs regular production line visits as required to solve the production issues and provide the required design changes or clarifications
- Reviews activities with project engineer to insure current determination of priorities
- Position may include other duties as assigned or required.
Interested candidates should submit resumes to email@example.com