DASI customer, Duperon, based in Saginaw, MI, is seeking a qualified candidate – with advanced SOLIDWORKS experience – to join their engineering team as a Detailing Manager.
Status: Full-Time Position
Schedule: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Supervisor: Engineering Manager
The Manager of Detailing is accountable for the implementation of the engineering drawings for the manufacturing of Duperon products and the quality and integrity of the detailing platform as a whole. The Detailing manager shall report to the engineering manager and be directly responsible for the integration of all products into production models, engineering draft sheets and BOMS into the detailing system. In addition, you are accountable for assuring we maintain and improve drawing methods, document control, processes, and accuracy for all products and use the same practices on future products that will be created. All managers must able to generate and perform to the company standard of “you’ll like working with us!”
Although these are the essential functions, the specific duties listed with each are a brief summation.
- Must be a subject matter expert in SOLIDWORKS as well as ACAD.
- Oversee the document control system for mechanical drawings. This should include the model, draft sheet integrity to the ERP engineering module, manufacturing BOM and future product matrix system.
- Drive the automation, efficiency, productivity and quality of all drawing protocols.
- Assure the discipline of the documentation protocol for engineering changes, site/project changes, as built, as installed and as serviced levels of drawings.
- Assure that revision management is maintained as well as other best practice control measures.
- Participate in problem resolution and implementation of permanent corrective actions.
- Supports company policies, procedures, and goals to maximize productivity and profitability, working closely with all depts.
- Assure that each detailer is trained and held accountable for consistent methods of producing, checking and managing models and drawings.
- Managing the schedules to accomplish the detailing of production, service and R&D and other detailing projects; assuring that budgeted hours as well as deadlines are being met.
- Implement and drive as needed for new systems and protocols.
- Generate the culture with your team and others you will work with.
- Must be able to work with vendors.
- High School Diploma required.
- College Education preferred: Engineering, or equivalent job experience.
- Required: Management: 1-2 years of Managing or Leading a team of people.
- Required: Advanced experience with SolidWorks. Proven Subject Matter Expert skills and knowledge.
- Required: Proven experience managing data with SolidWorks PDM Pro / PDM Standard.
- Required: 2-3 years ACAD proficiency.
- Required: Computer Proficiency: 5 years MS Office programs, including Excel, Word. Must be able to learn company manufacturing system to provide both inputs and interpret reports.
- Required: 3-5 years Detailing/Checking experience with 3-D modeling program.
- Required: Excellent communication skills – proven ability to: document processes, change management, quality processes, etc.
- Required: Ability to bring a mechanical concept in to a drawing that can be manufactured.
- Strongly Preferred: Ability to program some of the systems we use to fully utilize their capabilities.
- Mechanical ability, ability to comprehend mechanical concepts/function, and provide expertise to drive efficiency.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality, able to multi-task well and able to prioritize to complete projects on time.
- Proven “customer-focus” attitude, demonstrates ability to follow up and keep promises – reliable.
- Able to develop, write and consistently maintain processes and protocols that manage quality, safety, efficiency and assembly.
- Demonstrated ability to organize details to higher concepts to achieve strategic outcomes. (such as automation and lean manufacturing).
- Must be self-initiating, independent, have good problem solving skills, facilitation skills to lead a team and have the ability to organize time and manage diverse responsibilities.
- Leadership and Management skills such as coaching, team building, setting goals, scheduling etc.
- Our offices are located in the City of Saginaw, Michigan.
- Drug-free, non-smoking environment.
- Duperon Corporation is an excellent business opportunity for an individual who is dedicated and looking to establish a career. There is potential for a person who wishes to grow with the business. These opportunities can be realized if the ability and desire to drive one’s personal development is present to meet the corporate strategic objectives.
- Duperon Corporation is a dynamically-paced company with a fast-growth strategy – which often means that protocols and processes that were appropriate a year ago are no longer valid. Applicants should examine their personal style and preferences to determine if this would be a suitable environment.
- Must be appropriately and professionally attired to business standards and practice good hygiene.
- Must have a high level of personal integrity, ownership, and pride; must see something possible for oneself as an individual within the company vision.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Able to work at a computer and answer phones for extended periods of time.
- Able to navigate in the environment of an office as well as an assembly facility.
- This position could require occasional travel to gain field experience (to fully comprehend the function of equipment). Site visits may require the ability to climb stairs and walking long distances over steep or uneven terrain. Sites vary in conditions; any obstacles presented by the site must be overcome as we do not manage site conditions. Must be able to handle the varying conditions of a wastewater treatment plant or other types of facilities.
Interested individuals should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org