DASI customer, CRB, based in Kalamazoo, MI, is seeking a qualified candidate – SOLIDWORKS experience preferred – to join their team as a Machine Design Engineer.
- Bachelor of Science, engineering
- 2–3 years of custom component/machine design
- 2–3 years of experience with 2D and 3D CAD programs (SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD preferred)
- MS Office experience required
This individual will design custom material handling machines in the advanced technology industries, including pharmaceutical, biotech, food, nutraceuticals and consumer products. He or she will be responsible for the management of projects from start to finish, including scope definition, engineering, design, material selection, fabrication support, installation/integration support, troubleshooting and commissioning support. Development and execution of test protocols is not a requirement for this position, but this individual will need to support the development of validation documents, SOPs and maintenance programs.
This position requires an energetic individual who will work with clients in a manufacturing environment to develop mechanical solutions to previously identified problems. Machines will be designed for use in clean rooms with a variety of classifications. Machine designs may require integration with facility utilities, including electricity, compressed air, vacuum and water. Utility requirement documents must be generated as needed. I&C design is desired but not required. Designs will be approved by customer representatives for effectiveness, ease of use, maintenance, cleanability and constructability, etc. Designs will be communicated to fabrication vendors through 2-D and 3-D CAD drawings (as deemed appropriate for each specific situation). This individual will work on a number of projects simultaneously and will be expected to multitask and exhibit effective personal organization. Top candidates will be able to identify potential opportunities and sell their skills to generate additional project work. They should be self-starters and possess excellent leadership, communication and computer skills.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to –
- Developing equipment specifications/design requirements
- Developing design documents (drawings and specifications)
- Developing equipment/component lists
- Working with customers to ensure appropriate design
- Working with contractors during fabrication
- Working with technicians to ensure proper testing of machines
- Creating operating manuals for machines
- Understanding and interpreting schematics
- Working toward completion of tasks without constant supervision
- Participating in project team meetings
CRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Interested, qualified individuals should apply online at: https://www.crbusa.com/machine-design-engineer