American Expedition Vehicles, based in Wixom, MI, is seeking a qualified candidate – SOLIDWORKS experience preferred – to join their team as a Design Engineer.
We are a growing off road product company with locations in Wixom, MI. Commerce Township, MI and Missoula, MT. This position works out of Wixom office and is a fast paced atmosphere that embraces teamwork and forward thinkers. We are looking for a team player that can work independently and also get along and work well with a core group of teammates.
This position is required to work within AEV’s product development team to develop performance off road components. Qualified candidates will provide engineering, manufacturing and project management support. Position will require candidate to perform in all aspects of the business including design engineering, 3D modeling, drawing creation, component selection, cost calculation, and project management. Candidate must be highly motivated who has a passion for engineering and the automotive industry. Position will offer engineering challenges that require understanding of performance off road vehicle applications and severe customer use.
- Work in the Design Group to develop part designs
- Generate detailed component and assembly GD&T
- Work with Manufacturing to identify potential manufacturing or inspection problems and provide resolutions
- Provide design input to ensure models and drawings satisfy functional requirements
- Work with Suppliers to develop cost information for RFQ packages
- Support cost reduction initiatives.
- Work with other members of the product development staff to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the product line.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline or have work experience equivalent
- Automotive parts manufacturing work experience
- 3D CAD experience required
- Experience with dimensioning parts and creating detailed engineering drawings
- Experience with functional GD&T applications
- Sound knowledge of various commodities and manufacturing processes (sheet metal, castings, plastics, etc.)
- Knowledge of 3D CAD modeling software (SOLIDWORKS, CATIA, Unigraphics)
- General knowledge of manufacturing, and inspection processes and gage design
- Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft office, with excellent organizational skills and strong written and verbal communication.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and exhibit excellent teamwork skills
Interested, qualified individuals should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com