Written by: Cheri Guntzviller-Miesen, SOLIDWORKS Electrical Application Specialist
SOLIDWORKS Schematic and 3D Electrical have slightly different steps for creating an Rx Capture. (If you don’t have SOLIDWORKS, but only SOLIDWORKS Schematic, please jump to the end of the article.)
SOLIDWORKS Rx analyzes your system, suggests possible solutions, and captures data that can help technical support personnel diagnose problems.
Follow these steps to create a SOLIDWORKS Electrical RX capture:
- Go to Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS > SOLIDWORKS Tools > SOLIDWORKS Rx.
- Once SOLIDWORKS Rx is open, select ‘Problem Capture’
- Select ‘Record Video’. This opens up a new session of SOLIDWORKS and will record all of the steps you take in SOLIDWORKS
- Open SOLIDWORKS Schematic and place the software on the same monitor covering the SOLIDWORKS software. Proceed with your problem capture, making sure that all dialog boxes show up on the same monitor as the software.
- Make sure to add your PROJECT ARCHIVE to the files for the Rx.
- Once you end the recording, SOLIDWORKS will terminate to save the information that the Rx captured. This will bring you back to the Rx window where you have the option to add any of your SOLIDWORKS files in the zip file and also a description of your problem.
- Select “Package Files Now”, and save the zip file with all of the information to a specified location to be sent to Technical Support for review. The default location is: My Documents\SW Log Files.
If you have any difficulties, please contact DASI Solutions Technical Support (800-276-6340). Please have your HelpDesk request ID handy.
If you do NOT have SOLIDWORKS on your system, then the RX Capture option is not available. During a GOTO Assist session with your DASI Tech that is helping you, please ask the tech to record your screen while you reproduce the problem. We can then follow your workflow to analyze the problem.