DASI customer Quick Built, based in Shelby Township, MI, is seeking a qualified candidate with SOLIDWORKS experience to join their their team as a CAD designer.
The CAD designer is responsible for creating, detailing and maintaining 2D prints and 3D models of secondary machines for the automotive industry. The position will also require supporting assembly with troubleshooting, last minute print/model changes and assembly direction. Position is located in Shelby Twp. Michigan.
- Create 3D models according to direction from sales and lead engineer
- Assist in providing concept drawings as needed
- 2D detailing from existing or new models
- Work with customer, controls and assembly to solve issues before, during, and after assembly
- Implement machine design changes as needed; provide suggestions for same
- Detail assembly prints for equipment build
- Provide support to other departments that require CAD data (safety, controls, etc.)
- Attend inter-company meetings as required
- Must be able to adapt quickly and change direction as needs arise
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- We have a “work hard, play hard” attitude
- Willing to suggest improvements to products and processes
- Possess a willingness to grow personally and professionally
- SOLIDWORKS experience required with knowledge of AutoCad/Mechanical Desktop helpful
- SOLIDWORKS surfacing (core/cavity functions) experience preferred but not required
- Machine design experience preferred, will consider training the right individual
- Ability to read blueprints with basic GD&T knowledge… willingness to learn more
- General use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Good time-management and prioritization skills
Will consider substantive experience in lieu of a degree.
For consideration, qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter to: