Don’t forget about the Louisville SOLIDWORKS user group meeting that will be taking place at SAMTEC – 520 Park East Blvd. New Albany, IN 47150.
6:00 – 6:30 – Registration, Networking, & Dinner.
6:30 – 7:00 – Open Meeting and open floor discussion.
6:45 – 8:00 – Presentation: Bryan Ray – CSWP: What to expect and tips to pass – Bryan will be giving his SOLIDWORKS World presentation on the CSWP exam. Learn what to expect, some tips to make it easier and how to get the CSWP for free. This was a hands on session at SWW. If you want to follow along with the examples, please bring a computer with you.
8:00 – 8:15 Wrap up and door prizes.
To RSVP be send a email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have to be tough and efficient to be a Volvo Truck engine. These ultra-reliable paradigms of automotive innovation are built for the long haul with maximum productivity.
Using Stratasys additive manufacturing technology, Volvo Trucks has reduced turnaround times on certain clamps, jigs and supports from 36 days to just two days! Previously these tools were produced in metal using traditional manufacturing methods.
To continue reading: Click Here
What is the Manufacturing Network?
This network is designed to let SOLIDWORKS users bring their designs to life by easily finding and connecting with reliable manufacturers offering 3D Printing, Sheet Metal, CNC Machining and Injection Molding services. It allows users to get physical parts made fast, while manufacturers are able to reach SOLIDWORKS users more directly to promote their services and respond to RFQ’s. Starting today, manufacturers in North America can register to get listed on the Manufacturing Network and SOLIDWORKS users can recommend manufacturers from North America to be added. Throughout 2015, manufacturers from other countries will be eligible to join and the network will begin to expand internationally. Quick-turn manufacturer Proto Labs, Inc. is indicative of the type of company we are partnering with in this network. They are a reputable manufacturer that can produce parts quickly and efficiently for SOLIDWORKS users. Once connected to Proto Labs, users can upload a 3D CAD model and receive an interactive quote providing manufacturability analysis results within hours. Proto Labs’ advanced additive, machining and molding processes manufacture custom prototypes and low-volume production parts in as fast as one day.
Bring your designs to life today, visit the MySolidWorks Manufacturing Network, http://my.solidworks.com/mfg
, and get connected with a best-in-class manufacturer.
To mark the Manufacturing Network Launch, we’re offering user the opportunity to take a free CSWA exam. To do this, you can go to MY.SolidWorks.com
and log in with your account to take the online CSWA certification prep course
(valid from the date of SWW to 3/31). If you complete all lessons in the course, you will receive a code via email to take the CSWA exam for free.
Fine print: This offer has a value of $100. Users will be able to take the CSWA exam only once with this code. If they do not pass, they will have to pay for the exam going forward.
Published by Andreas Kulik – Senior Product Portfolio Manager, Strategy and Community at Dassault Systemes SolidWorks.
Are you someone that’s creative in manufacturing software (CAD, CNC, SolidWorks…etc.) and likes to work outside the box on projects and not to be stuck down doing the same thing over and over? If you answered “YES”, then ELCo Enterprises Inc. has a job for you!
The Research / Product Development designer positon performs design and development activities on existing and modified products, while creating drawings and working on the prototype development. You will also be expected to perform other duties depending on a particular assignment and size of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes knowledge of machines, engineering practices, mathematics to develop drawings and prototypes.
- Uses computer assisted design equipment and software to develop designs for products.
- Creates detail and assembly drawing for production, customers, and patent application.
- Oversees or produces prototypes, checking and verifying conformance to prints.
- Tests products for functionality, durability and appropriateness to application.
- Maintains drawings, files, records of prints and revision levels.
- Maintains expert knowledge of all products.
- Conducts inspection of products, as assigned, documenting and reporting results.
- Provides technical expertise to resolve customer issues with products.
- Oversees and coordinates production team activities in absence of immediate supervisor.
- Provides suggestions for continuous improvement, operational and product changes.
- Consistently demonstrates cooperation with and support of all teammates and management. Demonstrates full commitment to the ELCo Team Code and uses the Team Code as a tool in resolving issues and concerns.
- Assumes responsibility for own work by signing/dating documents related to job or company responsibilities.
Education – High school diploma; college level courses to perform duties of position. Journeyman certification in related field desirable.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Three year’s experience in production or research and development.
- High level of critical thinking and problem solving
- Proficient in use of and ability to operate manufacturing software computer applications (ie; CNC, CAD, SolidWorks etc).
- Personal computer and related business Windows-based programs (ie; Word, Excel) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; English required.
- Ability to use verbal and interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships with others.
- Proficiency in mathematical concepts and computations with high degree of speed and accuracy required.
- Frequent sitting, standing, lifting, stooping and bending.
- Ability to operate production machines and equipment, including lift truck.
- Frequent interruptions requiring ability to multi-task, change priorities, and refocus on task at hand.
- Frequent periods of high production, high stress with standing deadlines and flexibility of schedule.
- Possible overnight travel to customer site to train, install products or resolve issues.
- Normal manufacturing and warehousing environment with regular exposure to electrical and burn hazards.
- Ability to flex hours and priorities with willingness to adapt to changing circumstances with little notice.
Please send resume to: email@example.com
To view the linkedin profile Click Here
SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM 2015 has several new features that make it easier to use while also providing better feedback as to the status of files in the system. One of the new features is called the Version Column.
Version Column Details
The new Version Column feature provides visual feedback as to the current version of any file as well as what version of that file is cached locally, IF AT ALL. Much like the Enterprise PDM tab in SOLIDWORKS and other CAD applications, the Version Column shows similar icons, but instead of only seeing this information when files are opened in SOLIDWORKS , you can see them in the Windows Explorer Vault View.