Altair Product Design division is seeking a Designer Engineer with SOLIDWORKS CAD experience.
These are defined in general terms, as there are no exact boundaries for this position.
- Primary Requirements
- Minimum 2 years design experience using SolidWorks in the creation of parts, assemblies and detail drawings
- Collegiate or Vocational Training in Design a plus
- Heavy Industry experience a plus
- Design (Conceptual and CAD)
- Retrieve customer supplied data as starting point
- Interface with other suppliers, exchanging relevant background data
- Manage data conversions from other CAD packages
- Idea generation/brainstorming
- Competitive Analysis (benchmarking existing products with similar requirements)
- Free hand sketching of ideas
- Design studies (in CAD) to facilitate packaging, manufacturing process, assembly issues, etc.
- Maintain project log file that chronicles design changes
- Prepare relevant data to support customer design reviews
- Prepare detail drawings
- Assist design and release engineers in support of component part release
- Customer Interface
- attend design review meetings with customer
- handle customer contact relative to project status
- handle customer contact relative to design changes
- Setup and maintain project data binder
- Setup and maintain parts lists, as required
Send resumes to email@example.com.